Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grand Theft Auto 4 (PC) - Review




++++
* Very good story with well developed characters (some of them get on your nerves).
* Amazing attention to detail. I was always surprised by some tiny detail or the other.
* Varied missions and side missions (though not as varied as San Andreas).
* Very good character animation and physics. (The Euphoria engine at work)
* Very funny dialogue, radio channels and TV.
* Very good graphics in places (on my PC though). Amazing looking water and fire effects.

- - - -

* Bad PC port. Horrible texture pop-in. It ruined the game for me.
* Annoying friends system.
* Realism - Not a good direction for the GTA series. San Andreas was a lot of fun.
* Vehicles handle like shit.
* No motive to do anything other than the story missions.

I did not enjoy GTA 4 as much as San Andreas. The bad graphics didn't let me. I'll probably try it again if I get a console.


No comments:

 
Get Firefox Firefox 2 Get Thunderbird